Crown Vic problems

ive been having problems with my 92 cv and ive replaced alot of stuff and now i have the car to the point where the engine runs great without the air
intake on the throttle body.. now i noticed that there is a sensor by the air filter and im wondering if it was bad would this cause the car to die/idle rough
Crigdon via CarKB.com wrote:

Ordinarily the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) causes pinging, which on my 4.6 sounds more like a rattle. This link will help you understand it and also shows how to clean it
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/intake/index.html #