Disco Ive been offered

My Dad has just decided to part with his old Disco after 8 years as he has just bought a Freelander, saying that old girl was now a bit big for him.

Its an L reg 2.5 tdi with 141k on the clock. (Its got the square lights in the front Does that make it a 200Tdi?) He had the clutch and timing belt done last year, and apart from the usual bit of battle damage is in pretty good nick.

He does not know what it is worth and I cant make head nor tails of the Parkers Guide, but Ive been thinking about getting a 4x4 for ages, as we do frequent trips to Scotland and North Wales camping and visiting relatives.

What should I offer for the old bus?

Many thanks Ben

Reply to
Ben & Claire

About 5 k is a realistic price - no more.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

I would doubt that. The private sale figure in good condition for the oldest and cheapest diesel Disco on Parkers (P reg 300Tdi 3 door) is £4425. I reckon he should be looking at between 2 and 3 grand depending on condition, for a high-miler that's 3 years older than P.

John

Reply to
John Smith

My 200Tdi sold for =A31150 about 6 months ago.

10 months MOT and 2 months tax, 200k on the clock.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

He called me today and said I could have it for a grand if I wanted it. Guess I just bought myself a Disco!

All Ive got to do now is flog my Mini Cooper and go and get it.

Only slight problem, Its on Orkney. Still musnt grumble.

Many thanks Ben

John Smith wrote:

My 200Tdi sold for £1150 about 6 months ago.

10 months MOT and 2 months tax, 200k on the clock.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
Ben & Claire

In message , Andrew Renshaw writes

You having a laugh

2.5k max there are so many about.

I put a 300 through auction the other day (not quite good enough for me to sell) it made 1500

Reply to
Marc Draper