problems with 93 Crown Vic instrument panel and clearance lights

Just flushed out the radiator and removed the air box to replace the thermostat on a 92 Crown Vic, and when I went to test drive it at night, there are headlights, and turn signals (when I use them), but no rear or front clearance lights, nor any instrument panel lights.

I don't have an owner's manual for this car, and the Haynes and Chiltons books are pretty much useless in that they don't have a diagram for a 92 Crown Vic fuse box. But I have checked all the colored fuses (the ones you can see through) both under the dash at the left side of the car, and the power distribution box under the hood next to the battery. Nothing seems to be blown. Is there a fuseable link or another relay someplace that I don't know about? I can't imagine what I could have done to blow out the lights.

Any suggestions from someone who has had this problem before? Please don't tell me to go and get a better handbook or an owner's manual. I am looking for someone who has had this problem before and can give me specific assistance.

Thanks!

Reply to
usenet

usenet

Have you checked the light switch on the dash?

On my '94 Tbird, such switch controls all lights you mention being out. Might be worth a peek.

Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the pot Nine days old.

Reply to
Puddin' Man

After checking with a couple of other sources on the net, who all suggested changing the light switch, I did so. Everything worked fine.

Thanks aga> Have you checked the light switch on the dash?

Reply to
usenet