crown vic shaking

i have another problem with my 1993 crown vic, i get a shaking from the underbody at about 45 mph it is not in the steering, but more from the underbody but it dosent do it everytime. it will shake for a couple
seconds then quit or if i put in in neutral it will quit, or if i take my foot off gas it will quit, i replaced the u-joints, but iam still getting any help? thank you.
"ramdodge" wrote: i have another problem with my 1993 crown vic, i get a shaking from the underbody at about 45 mph it is not in the steering, but more from the underbody but it dosent do it everytime. it will shake for a couple seconds then quit or if i put in in neutral it will quit, or if i take my foot off gas it will quit, i replaced the u-joints, but iam still getting any help? thank you."
The drive shaft may be out of balance. Try balancing your tires.
Sarge
thank you for your help.
ramdodge wrote:

My money is on plug wires. The boots are starting to fail. The concern will get worse over the next few weeks.
thank you for your help
"" wrote: > ramdodge wrote: > > i have another problem with my 1993 crown vic, i get a > shaking from the > > underbody at about 45 mph it is not in the steering, but > more from the > > underbody but it dosent do it everytime. it will shake for a > couple > > seconds then quit or if i put in in neutral it will quit, or > if i take my > > foot off gas it will quit, i replaced the u-joints, but iam > still getting > > any help? thank you. > > > > My money is on plug wires. The boots are starting to fail. > The concern will get > worse over the next few weeks.
I agree sounds like a misfire under load plug wires are a good place to start also if your going at a steady speed around 38-45 mph and give it some gas if your car feels like your going over rumble strips may be the torque converter clutch.