Dashlights don't...

I've got a '74 Montego (460 w A/C) and it's been sitting for awhile (6 yrs). I've since resurected the dead and have gotten it road worthy again. On issue is the dashlights. When I turn on the lights (running or full), I get the familair click of the relay and my add-on Autometer Tach lights-up, but no others...

The fuse is good, (the tach is on the output side of the fuse) and doesn't matter if it's pluged in or not. Same issue. Also the dimmer is up as high as ti'll go... just prior to it turning on the dome light (which works). I pulled the cluster and all the lights are good (as expected) and the contacts looked good on the flex circuit.

I'm thinkink the issue is in the headlight switch, but there is this bolt on 'coil' on the back of the cluster (I thought it was for the fuel gauge) but does it control light brightness? Looking for sugestions...

Ben

Reply to
Ben

How do you know the cluster and bulbs are good?

Switch or ground..........or connections. Using a volt meter and the circuit live will tell you very quickly.

Reply to
pick one