It's been a while...

I used to post to this newsgroup quite a bit after buying my '62 convertible Beetle (I had a '76 Beetle Sedan and still have a '00 New Beetle as well). I went through a divorce and ran out of spare time and funds during that fun process, but I'm ready to get back into working on my '62. It's good to see some of the same people are still active on here after a couple of years (Jan and John Henry amongst others). I'm sure I'll have some questions. I took my car apart so long ago that I'm not sure I remember how to put her back together. :-)

Reply to
michelle

I remember you. I think... Reflex Yellow '00 beetle. Video store? Green, rusty 76 beetle? Chemical stripping and sandblasting a '62 vert in the garage?

Good to see ya Back!

Reply to
dragenwagen

Yes, same person. I remember you too :-) The video store was my ex's business, and the rusty '76 went to him in the divorce. The sandblasting and chemical stripping paint was me though (and sadly enough, I still have two areas left to do after all this time). You have a good memory!

These days I make jewelry (

) but I'm not hosting all of the pages about restoring my Beetle on there like I did on my ex-husband's video store site. LOL

Reply to
michelle

Thats good you still have a VW! I still have a semi rusty 69 that I have neglected for the past year and a half : ( But I did get a '66 in good shape. I try to remember people on ramva by the cars they have. Good luck on the 'vert!

Reply to
dragenwagen

Congratulations on your new-found liberty. Hope the beetles are still working for ya' :)

Mike

Reply to
Mike C.

Yeah, I remember that was one of the sites I watched on a regular basis. I was bummed when it disappeared. How's the project going...any progress since then?

Nice to have you back!

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

Hmmm... well, if you remember what it looked like when the site went down, unfortunately, that's what it still looks like. The only difference is that it is surrounded by more stuff since it's in my parents' garage until we get it trailered out here. LOL

Reply to
michelle

Hey Michelle,

I remember your '62, glad to hear you still have it!

Welcome back to RAMVA.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Where'd ya move to?

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

I moved from central Ohio to just south of Pittsburgh (about 3 hours away). We have a two car garage that is currently empty of cars, but full of tools and other things. We just need to figure out a way to get the car moved here since at the moment, the body is off the pan.

Reply to
michelle

Hey, Howard. You were the person who first introduced me to the term "car park." Of course, now I am married to an English guy so I hear all of those things every day. LOL

I'm glad to see you still have the '66. I don't think you had the Minis the last time I was on here, but those are some adorable cars. (Is it insulting to tell a man his cars are adorable?) I'd love to have one of those someday, but I promised my husband that the next project after we finish the Beetle will be up to him :-)

Reply to
michelle

I remember you. You had the Reflex Yellow New Beetle, and were in the Central Ohio VW Club. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

How long has it been since the site was up? I was thinking maybe a year or so, but now I think it might have been alot longer...I'm so bad with time!

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

Yeah, I was in the COVVC, and I still have my Reflex New Beetle. Unfortunately, she isn't treated as well these days since I am constantly driving back and forth to Ohio in nasty weather.

I was trying to remember how long it has been since my site was up or since I posted on here. I know it's been at least a year and a half, since that is when I moved to PA. I'm guessing it was closer to two years though. I have no sense of time either.

Reply to
michelle