So it's been a decade...

Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!

~Lauren aka VWGirl

Reply to
Lauren Bailey

Hello. Do you currently have an air cooled VW?

I've been monitoring this group for years, though I'm pretty sure not ten years. Mostly nostalgia reasons. I haven't owned an air cooled VW in decades.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

I still have mostly what I had then... and then a lot more. Just bought a 64 notch, also have a 78 westy, 98 beetle (aircooled), 73 thing and 71 fastback... among others. still have my mk1 watercooleds, but don't think i'd know anyone on RAMVW if i dropped in there.

Reply to
Lauren Bailey

I still have mostly what I had then... and then a lot more. Just bought a 64 notch, also have a 78 westy, 98 beetle (aircooled), 73 thing and 71 fastback... among others. still have my mk1 watercooleds, but don't think i'd know anyone on RAMVW if i dropped in there.

You're light years ahead of me. I got a garage with some watercooled motor parts. My Goldwing has aircooled valve springs in the front forks. And i have a friend with a 67 bug.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

::waves::

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Gary still kickin too :)

I still have Goth, my 68 convertible hackjob stashed away in Finland.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I still occasionally drive my '65 but since the star adjuster "hold down"s are broken off the brakes loosen up after a few days of driving it. Have to re-adjust them. I got replacement locking bars but to install them requires a seemingly impossible amount of bending of the metal that holds them down and pounding it back. My '64 is still in work. KWW

KWW

My only VW now is an '87 16V Scirocco. Well, two of them but the second one is a parts source for the first one.

I owned three Beetles, at various times, back in the day. And inherited a camper bus from my brother ten or so years back, but sold that off to someone who restored it. I didn't really have any use for it or anywhere to keep it and it needed the attention.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

It's good to have you back aboard.

I still have may '73 Beetle that I got in October '94.

I've been into aircooled VWs for twenty years now.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Correction that should read, I still have my '73 Beetle that I got in October '94.

Reply to
Jim Ed

GARY!!!!!!! It's been SOOOOOOO long! how are you my friend?

Reply to
Lauren Bailey

I can't make any promises that I will stick around again... this board doesn't move like it use to... I left here in 2002 to join shoptalkforums (maybe i should stop in there and say hi too?) and then left there for the samba... i leave lots of places and eventually come back. But this is my home and where it all started so many moons ago!

Reply to
Lauren Bailey

Hay Jan, Jim from Naples Fla, you stayed at my house for the nite when you came to Fla, Do you remember me? Still have my 69 but in Pennsylvania now instead of Fla. Not suprised to see you still on here. I have found my way back after all these years.

P.S. I still have my RAMVA stickers from back then.

Reply to
jims69bug

came to Fla, Do you remember me? Still have my 69 but in Pennsylvania now instead of Fla. Not suprised to see you still on here. I have found my way back after all these years.

Hi Jim!!! Good to see you here!

And sorry again for putting my foot through your trailer bed :D

Damn reunion goin on here...... lol.... love it!

Oh yea I'm in Virginia these days.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

you came to Fla, Do you remember me? =A0Still have my 69 but in Pennsylvani= a now instead of Fla. =A0Not suprised to see you still on here. =A0I have f= ound my way back after all these years.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Good to see you are alive and well Bill. I still check the group daily, but activity are few and far between here.

No longer a VW for me either, if I buy a new aircooled it will likely be a Citroen 2CV, no immediate plans though.

Take care.

P.J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Wow, it really is a meeting of the "old school" - VWGirl, Jan Andersen, Bill Berkmann, Jim Ed, BergRace et al.

This group was my first foray into VWs on line too - about 15 years ago; and the web site

would not exist today if it was not for this group - I started answering Qs put by Dave in the USA when he was rebuilding his son's (now his)

73 superbug. We became good friends (and I finally met him last year for the first time!) and we had so much stuff after a year or so of emails back and forth during his rebuild, we started the web site - which is now a dinosaur in size

- over 400 articles.

Dave in WA USA still has that 73 superbug, and I still have my original 1970 1500 swing axle bug (plus a 68 and a 57).

Jan - you always gave (and give) great advice. Bill - you had THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE list of VW links I have ever seen.

Nice to see lots of the old folks popping in again.

Rob (in Australia) Rob and Dave's aircooled VW pages Repairs and maintenance for the home mechanic

Rob

I still direct people to the vw resource page and use it myself too!!! Thank you!! :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Rob:

Glad to see you are still driv> On Feb 22, 1:48=A0pm, Lauren Bailey wrote

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Hi...

Reply to