Do I have to pull the distributor

Do I have to pull the distributor to change the pickup sensor (is that the correct name)? Its that coil to sense the rotation. This is a 1979 400 engine / F150 pickup truck. I need to replace that thing, but if I got to pull the distributor, I am going to let someone else do the job. The last time I pulled a dist. I could not get it back in so the engine was timed correctly. I hope it just needs some screws loosened under the cap.

George

Reply to
george1968

probably, IIRC, but here's the deal. If you're going to pull the dist, anyway.. wait till just before and try to get it out without pulling dist.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic