Do I have to pull the distributor

Do I have to pull the distributor to change the pickup sensor (is that the correct name)? Its that coil to sense the rotation. This is a 1979 400 engine / F150 pickup truck.
I need to replace that thing, but if I got to pull the distributor, I am going to let someone else do the job. The last time I pulled a dist. I could not get it back in so the engine was timed correctly. I hope it just needs some screws loosened under the cap.
George
snipped-for-privacy@no-email.com wrote:

probably, IIRC, but here's the deal. If you're going to pull the dist, anyway.. wait till just before and try to get it out without pulling dist.
you pay..DEAL with it!