does anyone have an older triumph spitfire project car for sale cheap

Fiance is looking for me to find her a cheap triumph spitfire project car. If you know a salvage yard that might have one and would sell I would appreiciate any help.

First Google response to pop up might be a good place to start.
Perhaps this might get you started.
http://www.desperateseller.co.uk/make/Triumph/spitfire/spitfire.html
Regards,
    Peter.

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:24:25 -0500, "timberforrest"

www.autotrader.co.uk
Unless she hates you (or you hate her) don't even think of buying one from a wrecker. The well maintained ones rot like crazy! The above mentioned link has a 1980 model with a reported 48,000 miles. That would be a very cheap entry point at around $10G plus another 10 for a good deal less
The Auto Collections Rob Williams Las Vegas NV Has a clean looking 1972 model listed on the Dupont registry website. (no price)
Ebay lists 5..........
http://www.hemmings.com/ lists 7
If you MUST buy one from a wrecker, the only wrecker that I can think of that might have a mostly complete one is: Autocraft Foreign Cars 519-746-2277 **or * 519-742-1050 1701 Glasgow Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 3W7
Rebuilding a British car will crush your will to live. Don't say you weren't warned.
PS are you positive you can't talk her into a Mazda Mx5, or anything else?

You DO, of course plan on removing ANYTHING marked "Lucas" or BUILT like Lucas and putting it in a box.. just for reference so you can check that the replacement is nothing like it?!!!
Right?
If not... you will end up either insane or visiting S&M bars.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Ya know why Brits drink warm beer?.................Lucas makes refrigerators.