Q about Triumph Spitfire Tacho

I'm in the process of fixing a few things in my '78 Spitfire and I'm having problems removing the tachometer.

The question is: how do you remove the last of the 3 cables plugged behind the tacho, as shown below? I tried unscrewing the metal socket

- although it rotates it does not appear to be unscrew. Pulling also appears not be an an option, the black cable is solidly attached to the tacho.

Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
paul_silverman

IIRC That's just a bulb holder. Should come out. Don't think it's unscrew, think it's just a push fit.

Reply to
Pete M

Yup. Just try to tilt it over and it will pop out. It's held in by a ring of spring clips integral with the holder.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

You were right. Using a simple screwdriver I was able to pop gently the bulb from the tacho. Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
paul_silverman