EEC or EGR Problem?

Have a 1987 Ford Ranger. Fuel injected 2.3L engine. Problem: Bucks on acceleration. Computer tester indicates idle RPM problem, code 13 and improper EGR signal. Code 32.
Tachometer indicates proper RPM. Scoped RPM signal, it gets to the computer. Checked EGR controlling solenoids. Theyre functioning properly. Scoped EGR signal to computer. Its getting there. Replaced EGR valve with a used one, problem not as bad, but still there. Error codes staying. Suspect either computer or EGR valve bad neither one of them is cheap. But I am. Any suggestions?

It's port injection, right? - PFE sensor fail/clog or clogged EGR tube?
If the idle 'hunts' or is always high, then look for a vacuum leak or a bad ISC valve.
Also if the throttle position sensor is bad, that will cause the problem. Esp on MAP(no MAF) engines.
Note: Believe replacing TPS on that model requires adjustment to .95 volts read with DVM, with throttle stop screw set for ~ 750 rpm idle, engine warm, (functional) isc disconnected and NO VACUUM LEAKS!
you pay..DEAL with it!
Lemko wrote:

retracts for KOEO)
13 (KOER) Idle Speed Control motor or Air Bypass not controlling idle properly (generally idle too high)
13 (Mem) ISC sticking, open ITS circuit or TP sticking
Which 13 is it? And like BM says check the TPS for the bucking/hesitation and pull the vac off the EGR too and try it. You can use a volt meter at the tps to test it, it should run at around a 1/2 volt at idle to about 4 1/2 to 5 at wide open. VERY slowly open the throttle and watch for a smooth transiston (of voltage) from closed to wide open. Do this several times. They seem to like to fail when the throttle is in the off idle/cruise area. If I remember correctly the Ferd scool teachers said to always fix lower number codes first starting with KOEO, then KOER, them memory. I would clear the codes right now, then start with KOEO and go from there. Oh, and since you can't see data on that year buy a book with emisions flow charts. Ford ECM's can diagnose themselves in a since if you follow the flow exactly. Of course its gonna suck a little when thy tell you to "install breakout box":( but you can get around that too. Oh, and don't ignore the "visual inspection" part. Good luck.
ShoeSaleman wrote:

alone might fix your 13 code.
Thanx "BackYard Mechanic" and "ShoeSalesman" for your help. First to answer your questions about how the code was obtained. At KOEO = 11 At KOER = 13, 32 Checked TPS voltage. Was at 1.2 volts. Was unable to adjust the TPS on engine so I removed the trotle assembly from the engine. Discovered EGR port and PCV port on the trotle assy plugged up. Cleaned out the plugged ports. Replaced PVC valve. Adjusted TPS to 0.73 volts ( 1/2 way betwee BM & SS advice). Truck now runs like a charm but. I still get code 13 & 32 at KOER. KOEO 11 Thanx Guys.
Lemko wrote:

then run the tests again. It could be that the IAC is bad or dirty or idle is set too high. It would probably be a good idea to get a book on it and set the minimum air if the cleaning doesn't get it. The 13 code means the IAC can't control/lower the idle correctly.