2007 Ranger 2.3L

I bought a new 2007 Ford Ranger 2.3L five speed back in november of 06. It recently has gotten hard to start whether the engine is cold or warm. when it is hard to start, I usually have to reset the presets on my radio, which is very annoying. and it sometimes tries to stall but doesn't when I have to make a quick stop. Sometimes it will try to stall when braking for a stop sign or a traffic signal. What could be causing this? Also what causes the Air Bag light to come on? I was told by the dealer that a cell phone will cause this. Is this true?

thanks in advance,

maxima

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE 125,000 miles 2007 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L 5-Speed 7,600 miles
Reply to
Maxima

I have no reason to doubt you.

However, what the dealer said is most likely wrong.

Whatever is wrong is a safety issue, because when you truck dies, it is harder to turn.

The airbag is going on when the computer sense a problem with the air bag system. If there is a problem with the air bag system, this is also a safety issue.

Take it back to the dealer. Tell him that you aren't going to take the truck back until it is fixed right.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

thx for the info. I am having trouble with the air bag light staying on constantly. whether or not the cell phone is on. It started that after I accidentally bumped my car with the truck. It wasn't even hard enough to put a scratch on the bumper! this truck is a POS and is not even HALF the truck my 1992 Ranger was.

maxima

P.S. I got a suvey about the truck in the mail today and I've had more problems out of the truck than I have mentioned and Ford doesn't want to do anything about it, so I put, I would NOT recmmend this truck to anybody!

Reply to
Maxima

Sounds to me like you should go to the dealer and have the codes read. If there is a B1232 (if I remember right) that is a tattle tale crash detected code. Have them pull the codes from the RCM and see what the codes are..

Get it fixed..

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech