Engine swap

Hi Folks: I have a '92 Taurus with a shot 3.8. I'd like to replace it with a 3.0. Will this exchange work without alterations? Thanks

Hank6169 wrote:

No.
Rob
Hank6169 wrote:

Sure you can do it! Swap the entire subframe and trannie off a donor 3.0 Make sure you keep all the exhaust and such. Swap the entire wire harnesses, and computer. There you go! Said Uncle yet?
Bob
-
Uncle! Thanks Bob & Rob.

Rad is different (might be useable) need different computer, otherwise if you change engine and tranny together it MIGHT not be too bad. I'd snag the harness from the donor as well.