excursion-how much mpg?

I saw a beautiful used excursion yesterday for 14K-- 2000 V10 model, loaded with all of the extras.
Guys-- how much MPG is thing gonna get-- 10; maybe.

Check out this site: http://www.truckworld.com/Sport-Utility/2000-excursion/excursion.html Says anywhere between 10 and 18 mpg.

This thing weighs a gazillion pounds.... it has a big motor..... it has the aerodynamics of a brick - broadside.....If you want it, buy it.... if fuel mileage is a concern, buy a bus pass.

I think I'll look at the Suburban -- I read that in Consumer reports test-- the excursion got less than 10 MPG!!!

and the suburban is gonna be any better?? I had both a 454 and 350 suburban, and neither got better than 11 mpg, with the 454 being better at 11 mpg, the 350 only got 7-8 mpg.

pssssst tom chevs are more dependable if ya worked for ford ya know about the problem they are having keeping spark plugs from blowing out of the holes lmfao ya know the cylinder 3
LMFAO h u r c a s t
yo mr rectal orifice, if i wanted to hear from a rectal orifice, i would fart

"With all the extras?" The mind boggles: A suite for the mother-in-law? A deck and pool?
A practical "extra" would be a gasoline tanker truck. -- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA
Everyone that has a Suburban tells me that they get anywhere from 14-18 mpg. I'm okay with that; I'm 35 and have never owned a V8; not even really a V6 except company vehicles I've had. Just need more room-- but those stories about the less than 10 mpg scare me.
wrote in part:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:55:55 -0500, "Carlton Clay"

just wait till ya tune it up
hurc

Well, lets put it this way..... You will have to shut it off to fill the tank. Once it is filled you can expect 14 MPG at best, I am happy I don't own it now. I also feel sorry for all those diesel owners.

They they are hauling maybe a loaf of bread and a quart of milk on a paved road. You can do that with a mini-car and get close to 40 mpg.
Fill that Suburban or Excursion and take it off-road and see if you get more than 7 mpg. -- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA
Come on? 7 mpg? Are you saying this from first hand experience? By the way-- my wife is having twins. We will haul around 6-7 every day (and need the space behind that third seat...
wrote in part:

Similar experience with an F250 pickup with 460 CID and off-road equip. I had a horse farm. I'd imagine an Excursion would do even worse.
But, if you are going to use it like a minivan on pavement, no trailer, no load of horse feed, no miles of muddy roads to slog thru, just kids and groceries, you may get 10 or even a tad more.
But why buy such a vehicle if you really need a minivan? -- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA
I've got a caravan (though not the grand); and those big SUV's just have more room.
wrote in part:

Try a Winnebago. -- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA

Seriously, if you just want a Caravan with more room, why not get a van? An SUV will take you off road, through the mud and rocks, but if you've been ok with a Caravan except for space, why are you considering the poor ratio of usable space to bulk that comes with an SUV? And the extra cost of 4WD (both initial and daily).
If it's worth it to you because of the image or for some other reason, go for it. -- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA
You are using the wrong metric - the correct metric is GPM (Gallons Per Mile)... ;-)
Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C who also uses the GPM metric @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt