Re: Excursion Questions

I have a 2001 Excursion and what Hanna Lahy stated above is exactly correct. At least on my Ex is nowhere the code to be found.(I really looked!) except on the original ID-card which came with the car. Furthermore, the info Hanna supplied re 5-digit code is also contained in my owners manual.

Sam

You might try looking around on the truck for the code. Believe it or > not. I rented a Lincoln Town Car a couple years ago with the number > pad on the door. I was curious about the pad and had the owner's > manual out looking and it stated that the number (factory) was > printed/stamped on the left trunk hinge arm--there it was and it > worked. You might look in similar places or see if you can somehow > borrow a manual (look for a similar truck on another car lot) and look > to see where they may have hid the code on your truck. Maybe there is > someone out here on the group who has an Excursion who will share the > information from their owner's manual? > > Good luck! > > > > >The Ford Excursion keyless entry door keypad has a factory set 5-digit code > >located 1) at a wallet card in the glove box on new cars and 2) at the > >dealer. To program your own entry code you need to enter the factory code > >first at the keypad. Since you obviously don't have the wallet card, you do > >need to contact your dealer for the factory code for your car. > >BTW, your personally entered code will not replace the factory/dealer code: > >you will always be able to open the door with both codes. > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> Hello all, > >> I am the proud new owner of a 2000 Excursion V10 I bought it from a dealer > >> and after the papers were signed I found out that there are no manuals. > >> > >> It has a entertainment system in it that I cant get to work and the dealer > >> didnt have the code for the key less door entry system the salesmen said I > >> would have to make an appointment with the service department and they can > >> read the code for me at my expence i am assuming. > >> > >> My questions are is there any good web sites on excursions for wiring > >> diagrams and can I read the codes for the door any other way? > >> > >> Thanks, > >> Larry > >> > >> > > >
Reply to
Sam14

Roddy Creswell

Credit is bullshit anyway. They have no choice but to take it back if you tell the bank what you are doing, and leave the keys with the salesman and the truck in the lot. I have done this before and they called (the dealer) before I got back home and said their service dept. would take care of it. If you let them run you over thats exactly what they will do. If you are worried about ruining your credit, then they already have you over a barrell.

Reply to
Roddy Creswell

OK So I asked the question and was disappointed that I had to see the service department so I put it off. Today I was at Ford to pick up the owners manual and so I stopped by service to make an appointment to have the code read.

Well believe it or not the service guy tells me if I pull the trim panel out from behind the spare tire the code is back there so when I got home that is what I did and there it was. It is in the insulation toward the top rear under the window.

Reply to
Low Places