F-150 Pick Up

I had a 1999 F-150 burn to the ground a couple of years ago while it was not running. It had been shut off 30 minutes or so. The fire appeared to start
some where near the bottom/back of the motor. My insurance company paid for my loss except for my deductible. Will I qualify for reimbursement under your current recall?
GAIL WATSON wrote:

What recall are you referring to? Did your truck have cruise control? The recently announced recall to replace cruise control deactivation switches is only for 2000 and a few 2001 vehicles. Maybe you should file a complaint with NHTSA (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ ). I searched the NHTSA complaint database and there is not even one against a 1999 F150 that involved the cruise control switch (the subject of the 2000 recall). In fact there were only 9 unique complaints in total against 1999 F150s. 2 were for spark plugs (and one of those was against a Super Duty V10), 1 for a head gasket, 1 for the turn signal stalk (it was fussy), 1 for ABS brakes locking up (entered twice), 1 about the door latch, and 3 aboiut the air cleaner (lets in water in the rain).
Ed