F250 2003 compnent speaker system

Hi all..
Am considering doing a compnent speaker system for my f 250 I cant find kicker panel enclousers and i cant fit the compnent speakers anywhere else?
has anybody tried to do a compnent speaker system in their f250 with any sucess?
Ken
you might get some ideas from www.cardomain.com

You can get the kickpanel enclosures from Crutchfield if you are looking to go with the Q-Forms.. They have them for $149 or you can have a set custom made $$. As for fitting them anywhere else you can go into the doors with them but you will then need to make an adapter to accommodate the 6"x8" stock opening.. -- Pat M.

thanks for the informaiton...
Now ... with the kick panels being so low will i loose the quality of the sound...? Would i be just as well getting a coazial for the door?
I want the truck to sound really good but im not good at knowing whats out there...
If i get the kick panels where do i pull the speaker wire from?
Ken Thanks, Ken

No, that would be counterproductive. Putting coaxials in doors tends to lead to greater imbalance than putting components in doors, simply because you have the aiming and placement ability with component tweeters.

Not sure what you mean with this question..

I think you mean that I should maybe try to do a component system but fit it in the door?

(there located on the floor to house the component woofer and tweeter) where would i get the wire from.. would i suck it all the way back and cut it or just tap into it and tape the ends?

Thanks, Ken>

If you can't install kicks, or don't want to, then go for the door. And use components.

I'm still not following. Run the speaker wire from the amplifier directly to the kick panels. If the wire is already routed to the door, then splicing it is probably the easiest method. Use crimp terminals - butt connectors, bullet connectors, or male/female spade terminals.
oh yeah thats right... I for got about many things...
How does the amp get the signal it needs to amplify?
I have to run each speaker (4 total sets) to the amp then to the speakers from the amp...
I have to just sit down and think about this or get a simple schematic of how the system is set up.. again im new and im not sure if i have rca outputs from my head unit... though i might,..,
By the way do kicker panels have wire taps right on them or do i have to tie to the speaker inside by cutting a hole in the back of the kicker panel?
Thanks, KEN

I don't know. I've never used the pre-fab ones.
Re: F250 2003 compnent speaker system Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, May 26, 2004, 2:23am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Mercury) oh yeah thats right... I for got about many things... How does the amp get the signal it needs to amplify? I have to run each speaker (4 total sets) to the amp then to the speakers from the amp... I have to just sit down and think about this or get a simple schematic of how the system is set up.. again im new and im not sure if i have rca outputs from my head unit... though i might,.., By the way do kicker panels have wire taps right on them or do i have to tie to the speaker inside by cutting a hole in the back of the kicker panel? Thanks, KEN<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Given your knowledge of simple electronics and basic audio you're better off letting a professional auto stereo shop do the job.
Eric
Ive heard a lot of those shops try to screw you over.. i hope thats not the case with the ones by me .. but theres always something that somebody will say that makes the place sound bad.
Anyway.. thanks
(Mercury)

is it a reg. cab ,crewcab ?????what year???? my F-250 crewcab has alot of room behind the back seat.