Fast wearing tyres - help

Hi,
I have a ford escort which 6 months ago I had a garage change the wishbone bushes on the car, since then my tyres have rapidly become unevenly worn, in a space of only 1500 miles, the tyres
were of good tread before the wishbone bushes were replaced. I didn't get the tracking done after the bushes were fitted, i have been told I should have done this.
So what i was thinking, as not to waste money on tyres was. get the tracking done and fit two cheap part worn tyres and see how the tyres wear, I dont want to put new tyres on in case this is some other serious fault. any ideas or help would be apreciated
thanks
Once the alignment is set (if done by a competent shop) there should be no further concerns regarding tire wear. Wheel alignment isn't a "by guess and by golly" affair unless the customer decides to practice false economy by not approving unecessary adjustments (on unibody cars, many adjustments are both time consuming and "extra charge").