Faulty engine mounts in 91 Mercury Sable

I need new engine mounts installed in my 1991 Mercury Sable. Problem is: they were only recently installed in 1999 under recall by the dealership. Although, I doubt very much there's any hope in contacting the dealer, as more than a year has passed.

How long do engine mounts usually last in these cars? The car is only driven lightly, maybe 30-40 miles a month tops.

Thanks

Reply to
Joyce Wilson

Under normal conditions the mounts will last indefinately. On your Sable failure of the front mount is usually caused by leakage around the power steering pump. The leakage flows down on to the mount softening the rubber, leading to failure. The pump can leak even when not driving the vehicle. Check it out. Regards, Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins