Mercury Sable thermostat

Can anyone tell me where it is located under the hood or do you have a picture of the engine compartment where it is located - 2003 Mercury Sable

Reply to
dale

|Can anyone tell me where it is located under the hood or do you have a picture of the engine compartment where it is located - 2003 Mercury Sable

Find the UPPER radiator hose ( return hose ). Follow it to the engine block. There you will find it attached to a metal elbow secured to the engine block with 3 bolts. Remove the bolts and you will see the thermostat sticking out of the elbow.

This metal elbow is the *thermostat housing*

Remove thermostat. Note the position of the thermostat in the housing. The thermostat and the housing opening are not round, and the thermostat will fit in only one position.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman