fiesta m reg automatic

Hi, I've having problems with my car for 18/12 or so. It stalls when I apply the brake especially when cold. If I take my foot off the brake the revs come back up. The engine also revs very high at times
although the rev meter is faulty so I can't put a figure on it. Also when I started it up the other day the engine sounded as if it was being reved without any pressure on the accelerator pedal. Any help would be much appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@ldalli.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

It sounds like you may either have a faulty Idle Speed control valve, or - if power brakes- a bad brake booster. Also look for a cracked vacuum tube/line
you pay..DEAL with it!