Fiesta M reg 1300 automatic

Hi, My car has been misbehaving for over 18 months . It stalls frequently especially when cold. If I am slowing down and I can feel it about to stall and I take my foot off the brake the revs come back up. The other day I started the car and although my feet were not on the pedals at all the car sounded as if it was being reved up. Has any one any idea what might be wrong?

Reply to
Anna

Leaking Brake Servo?

Reply to
Conor

this could be anything but i'll say a few possibilities ISCV(idle speed control valve- the small silver cylinder on the inlet manifold-if this model has one)causes the engine to overevv and not stay stable MAP(manifold absolute pressure sensor-a black box about 6cm big bolted onto the back of the engine bay)causes cutting out and running concerns-also check the vaccum pipe going to it TPS(trottle position sensor)-attached to the side of your CFI unit-which i'm guessing is the type yours has for this year also check the stepper motor which controls the idle speed during cold start etc.

hope you get it sorted soon, good luck.

Reply to
ford_technical_

I refer my learned friend to my previous posting concerning an identical matter.

It may well not be this but it's free to try. Underneath the air filter are two, possibly three, electrical connectors. Remove said air filter and, one-by-one, seperate each connector. Spray the contacts/pins of each half with WD40 or similar and have a good poke about with a cotton bud or three. Get all the grey gunk out. Spray again, wipe out with dry cotton buds as best you can, re-unite the two halves. Repeat with the other connectors. Start engine and marvel at the lack of stallingness.

Check the spark plug gaps too if the above seems to work because they're often closed down/opened up by mechanics who are desperately trying anything they can think of to cure the stalling.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

this happens with my Fiesta too-mine is an R reg though. I changed the Idle control valve which cured it for about a month, then it went back to its old ways....stalling at traffic lights/revving itself/stuttering like Arkwright when I put me foot down etc etc etc. Its so frustrating. Sorry cant help, but if anyone knows these symptoms-HELP! frank

Reply to
frank

Ahem - see my previous post.

Si