Ford Escape

I would like comments good or bad on the Ford Escape.
Thank You!

Mike wrote:

There was a discussion about that around a week ago. Use Google Groups alt.autos.ford to search.
I have a 2002 XLT FWD that I bought new. I've got 22K miles on it now with no problems to speak of, just a heater knob that the back broke off. Mine's used mostly around town except for twice a year when I go on vacations of about 500 miles each way. I think the ride is very comfortable for a mid-size SUV, I get 20-21MPG around town, 27-29 highway. It has plenty of power to cruise at 80, and plenty of pep outta the hole. Plenty of room for all my stuff and my girlfriend's stuff when we go on vacation, and she packs 2 weeks worth of stuff for a 1 week trip. The only complaint I have is that the accelerator is touchy when taking off- on wet or sandy roads, the tires tend to break loose rather easily. But then, that may just be the stock tires (16" Bridgestone's or Continentals, I don't remember which).
Works for me. I'd buy another with no hesitation. SC Tom

Hey Mike, I just picked up the 2005 Ford Escape XLS with a v4 engine and its great. No problems. I've been reading that there have been problems with wind noise while driving at high speed. That hasn't happen to me. Its quiet, runs great. I highly recommend it.
If you're taking of purchasing this SUV, check out yahoo groups, as well as google.com and read up on it.
Enjoy!
Rickie