2000 Ford F250 Service Engine Soon

I have a Ford F250 4X4 this the Triton V10 that has a little over 79000 miles on it. I dont drive the truck very much so it ends up sitting for 3 to 4 weeks at a time. About 2 weeks ago the (ABS) light came on and while I was coming to a stop and the truck kind of vibrated. When I turn the truck off about 10 later then got back in and started the truck the light went out. The next time I drove the truck about a week later the light came on and has stayed on ever since. Yesterday the (Service Engine Soon) Light came on and stayed on. Today I disconected the battery and reconnected it and the Service Engine Soon light went out and stayed out for the 15 minutes I drove it. But the (ABS) light stayed on. What would cause these lights to come on and should I be looking for 2 different problems or does anyone think these go together in some way? I was also wondering if the lack of use would cause things in the brake system to stick so that the (ABS) light stays on.

Thanks

IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

Swanny

Probably the rear speed sensor, both abs and pcm use the sensor

but without pulling the codes it stays a lucky guess

Johan

Reply to
johanb