Ford Explorer opinions

My local Ford Dealer has some good deals on 2002 Ford Explorers with low miles. What is the reputation for this SUV? The models are the XLT 4 door with V-6.
Any experiences appreciated. Also, do these Explorers tow a small camper well? I see the tow rating starts at 3500 lbs on them, but I guess it depends on the size of the engine, etc.