Ford Fiesta dashboard light

I took out the Ford stereo and fitted a new one. From the wiring diagram I've worked out most of the wires and have power to my new stereo. However, I have a spare power and earth, which I've left for now.
Now what happens, I have no dashboard light. I'm assuming these spares powered the light in the radio when the headlights are switched on, so now they are spare the circuit is not complete and none of the dash lights work. What can I do to complete the circuit?
hiya,
er, they were spare and not connected and now they're still not connected? if so it sounds more like when you've shoved the wireless back into the dash that you've snagged a wire and pulled it out.
"