ford focus/fiesta engine code 9312

hi there, i just read about the holding the trip counter while turning the ignition key trick(fordfiestast.co.uk/showflat.php?Number=3D46932) and had a peek at my mk6 fiesta's engine codes on the dash LCD. to my surprise when i got to dtc it had an error code flashing 9312 alternating with dtc.

i googled for code 9312. only 1 hit on the Turkish Ford Club (i tried to register there but i dont understand enough Turkish). Any of you know what 9312 means? Any focus/fiesta owners here have "none" as your dtc code? thx

Focus: sanmam ar=FDzalar Dtc ile birlikte geliyor Yani "Dtc none" sa ar=FDza yok diye biliyorum. Dtc nin =FCzerinde durdu=F0umda yan=FDp s=F6nmeye ba=FEl=FDyor. dtc-9312-dt= c-9312 die devam ediyor

Reply to
fordi2003

i googled for code 9312. only 1 hit on the Turkish Ford Club (i tried to register there but i dont understand enough Turkish). Any of you know what 9312 means? Any focus/fiesta owners here have "none" as your dtc code? thx

useful info here in english! dtc are at athe bottom of the page, but no

9312 code
Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have emailed it to a Turkish mate for translation - will post back!

Reply to
Tom Burton

thanks mate, your a champ! I tried to do my own translation earlier with software, but the translation software gave me "his focus is madly in love with extinction"

Reply to
fordi2003

Well you may wish to retract that gratitude!

The mate says, and i quote... "That's Turkish...... It says something about the bulb being okay in a car - dont worry"

That was as much of translation as i could get!

HTH

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

actually he was right,there was nothing to worry about. i got the code from someone in the know: its because the battery reached 10v at some point. but the car works fine & starts fine so i am not worried.

its a shame the dash LCD doesnt show the day/time the event happened.it might have happened last year. was thinking of getting one of those obd II canbus readers from ebay, going for 20quid. anyone here have any luck using them?

thx again

Reply to
fordi2003

that would be code 9318 according to this site:

Mrcheerful

a poor battery can easily hit 10 volts in cold weather when starting. dtc codes on the display are not conclusive, only an indication of where to look

Reply to
Mrcheerful