Ford Taunus ca '62

I have recently acquired, thru a will, a '62 Ford Taunus that has been stored inside for years in a barn (dirty but no/little rust). I have a few questions about it...
For insurance purposes I was wondering what the replacement value would be because I have never seen one before (all the websites Google gives are European) and Kelly doesn't list it any more?
To get it up and running where can I find parts for it in the US?
Is there a fan group or club out there who could steer me in the right direction to get it back on the road?
Any info would be great.
David in Michigan
Try http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/naefr/naefr_hist.html

Yeah, that is a European model. I don't beleive it was ever imported to the US. They were common as grass when I lived in Germany in the mid 80's.

GMach3 wrote:

Sounds like quite a challenge to restore. I'm thinking resto mod :) Good luck either way.
On 13 Sep 2006 06:14:52 -0700, FZXDF5 wrote:

Ford Taunus was Ford's best-selling car in Europe in the late 70s and the mid 80s, and one of the most common on the road until Toyota put the Corolla on the street, and VW came out with the Golf.
You still see lots of them all over Europe. It got replaced by the Sierra, which in turn got replaced by the Mondeo. The Ford Mondeo/Sierra is known in North America as the Taurus. The current Taurus shares headlights, engines, transmissions, and a lot of other parts with the Mondeo, the rear half of the car is however completely different. The Sierra and the old Taurus share visual design, but are mechanically completely different.
I'm unaware of any North American model similar to the Taunus from the same period. Europe had desperately high fuel prices and retorded to small relatively economical cars, while the states went for fuel guzzling V8 power plants. So to get parts, you may have to specially import them from Europe. European cars, built in Europe, use different sizes and standards than their American counterparts - especially older ones.