Ford windstar 1995 transmission fluid

Does anyone know what type of transmission fluid does a ford windstar 1995 take?

Add pictures here
✖
rizoo snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Motorcraft MERCON°
Ford Part#: XT-2-QDX Ford specification: MERCON°
Rob
Add pictures here
✖
TSB 06-14-04 tells us that MerconV can be used in these transmissions.... A confusing part is that a previous TSB told us not to mix Mercon ATF and Mercon V but the current TSB makes no mention of this requirement.
What we need to remember (to a point) is that fluid recommendations are being made by engineers that feel the need to play CYA to the Nth degree. I can't say I blame them in a society that can only be described as "litigious". At the same time, we depend on these same engineers for advice on compatability of fluids (when topping off) and compatability of materials when replacing fluids.
Mercon ATF will be phased out of production July 1st, 2007.... We are not told if this will mean that only Ford will no longer have this produced for them or if all "Mercon ATF" licences will expire.... Time will tell. FWIW, after production stops, I can't see any of the aftemarket refiners changing the spec on their current Dexron III/Mercon that will have this fluid incompatable the the Mercon ATF spec. Additionally, it will likely take some time to deplete current stocks of Mercon ATF....
HTH

✖