Mondeo-strange bleating noise from rear

I have inherited an M reg 1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8td and am getting what I can only describe as an intermittent bleating noise similar to a strangled horn sound which seems to be coming from the boot (trunk if you are U.S.) area.It can go on for a while after I have stopped and also whilst driving.It is not regular in frequency..random bleats.Any ideas anyone what it could be?

Borosteve.

Reply to
borosteve

"borosteve" wrote

If it's making the noise the next time you stop, try loosening the gas cap. If it stops instantly, then there's something gas-tank related going on.

If it doesn't stop, then remove the sheep that's jammed above the rear axle, and stop driving through farmyards when you're drunk.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Have you noticed if you wife or mother-in-law are missing? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

UREKA! I have found the cause! After removing the inside boot trim on the left hand side I have found what looks like a transducer of some sort with a cable connected to it.I disconnected the cable and now it no longer bleats! Why and how it got there is anyones guess as it must have been fitted as part of an alarm system.Why it is now making these noises is also a mystery.

Driving no in peaceful silence,,,

Borosteve.

Reply to
borosteve