fuel pressure sender location

Page 2 of 2
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Hey BY, was that car a 5 speed. I've never been able to do any better than ~25 with an automatic Tempo\Topaz. The one stick that I had was a 3.0 so I can't really compare them.(I did have an 84 stick but it had a carb) Funny thing, when I replaced the burnt PFE snsor on the 3.0 the fuel mileage actually went down!

5 speed 2.3 He had the same result as you.
I had to nag him to fix it because of the better mileage... shouldnt have bothered, the clutch went out and he had it towed away, mainly becuase he was too bored with the car to replace the clutch
you pay..DEAL with it!
It doesn't really matter what I say as long as you don't believe me. What is important is what I experience while driving the car. Last summer while driving 960 miles along the West Coast, I spent $77 (roughly 32 gallons, I wrote it all down at each stop) on gas.
I checked the EGR, it's working. Perhaps the gas attendants somehow made the pumps put more gas in the car each time I filled up without me paying for it and without it showing up on the gas pump readout. Unless someone would tell me how to test the EVR, as this controls the movement of the EGR, I would assume it's working and I haven't made any other modifications to the car. Haven't gotten any SES. And yes, I changed the oxygen sensor last year.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That works out to about 30mpg. That's not unheard of on these cars. Around town tiis number will drop sharply.