fuel pump location

My brother's 1990 Sovereign won't start. It was starting sometimes a few days ago, and I put some alcohol in the tank to get rid of any possible ice in the tank/lines.

I was scrounging around the trunk looking for the fuel pump and did not see it.

Outside under where the left rear seat is there is something with fuel lines going in/out. Is that the filter?

Can I use the Series 3 XJ6 fuel relay/pump testing procedure from Dwyer on this car, or is it different? Finding out exactly which model this is for parts/service reference is the most cryptic thing I have ever tried to do on a car. Why do jag-lovers make theirbrochures pages so diffcult to use?

Any suggestions?

- Tom

Reply to
Oldbie

the fuel pump is mounted on the rear differential cross-member there are two small bolts which hold the bracket in place. Have a look for the fuel filter on the underside of the vehicle and follow the pipe to the diff cross member.

cheers Jon_H

Reply to
Jon_H

Thanks for the quick response, Jon. I'll look at it after work today.

Maybe you could also tell me where to find the fuel pump relay & fuse, so I could check those before starting to rip parts off the vehicle when they might be okay.

- Tom

Reply to
Oldbie

Tom,

my car is a right hand drive and the fuel pump relay is situated below the passenger side glovebox where you will have to remove about half a dozen screws to get the trim off. or it may be in the engine compartement attached to the brake pedal hanger as 1990 was the year a few changes were made.

Reply to
Jon_H