Gas Mileage on F150s

I'm looking at two 2003 F150s, one four-wheel drive and the other two-wheel drive.

Is there a lot of difference in gas mileage between the two? I prefer a four-wheel drive, but I'm weighing the options.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael

"" wrote: > I'm looking at two 2003 F150s, one four-wheel drive > and the other two-wheel drive. > > Is there a lot of difference in gas mileage between the > two? I prefer a four-wheel drive, but I'm weighing the > options. > > Thanks, > > Mike

there is usually about 2mpg difference in 2wd and 4wd, plus the $1000-5000 more on the price tag. I would say unless you do alot of off-road or have months of reasonably deep snow you do not need 4wd. since you cant use it on pavement for around town its pretty useless. I off road a fair amount, and still seldom use 4wd. weigh the cost options for yourself, if your only gonna put it into 4wd 2x a year, its prob best to save your $.

Reply to
xmirage2kx

Most people don't buy trucks or SUV's with MPG in mind. You buy them to crush the dweebs in their little rice buckets in the mall parking lot

Reply to
Steve Stone

Reply to
jcd1234

Reply to
jcd1234

They're also handy for driving through flooded, debris strewn areas after hurricanes and floods. We had almost 4" of rain in a 2 hour period Thursday. I was amazed at the number of people trying to drive their cars through door handle deep water.

Web Site:

David Starr