Gas Mileage on F150s

I'm looking at two 2003 F150s, one four-wheel drive and the other two-wheel drive.
Is there a lot of difference in gas mileage between the two? I prefer a four-wheel drive, but I'm weighing the
options.
Thanks,
Mike
"" wrote: > I'm looking at two 2003 F150s, one four-wheel drive > and the other two-wheel drive. > > Is there a lot of difference in gas mileage between the > two? I prefer a four-wheel drive, but I'm weighing the > options. > > Thanks, > > Mike
there is usually about 2mpg difference in 2wd and 4wd, plus the $1000-5000 more on the price tag. I would say unless you do alot of off-road or have months of reasonably deep snow you do not need 4wd. since you cant use it on pavement for around town its pretty useless. I off road a fair amount, and still seldom use 4wd. weigh the cost options for yourself, if your only gonna put it into 4wd 2x a year, its prob best to save your $.
Most people don't buy trucks or SUV's with MPG in mind. You buy them to crush the dweebs in their little rice buckets in the mall parking lot
I have a bumper sticker: "Crush my rice bucket for free ass kickin'"
Steve Stone wrote:

When I see the SUV/pickup pull up, that's when I ask the driver wife to show me the where the back door is, so I can exit stage left quietly.
Steve Stone wrote:

They're also handy for driving through flooded, debris strewn areas after hurricanes and floods. We had almost 4" of rain in a 2 hour period Thursday. I was amazed at the number of people trying to drive their cars through door handle deep water.