Geiger Cars Adds 200 Horsepower to the Ford GT

MUNICH, Germany -- If you've heard of Geiger Cars, then you'll know just how much this Munich-based tuning company loves making American cars and sport-utilities faster and a lot crazier. The company's
latest creation is this, a 701-horsepower Ford GT that is limited to a top speed of only 211 mph.
Read More: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId 3636
----------------------------------- Ford NewsHub: Auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/Ford.html

What is the point in installing an engine rated at 1,000,000,000 horsepower if the speed limit on the interstate is 70 MPH ?
message

Shawn, it's an extension of the Muscle Car days in the mid-late 60s. The top speed limit then was only around 70-75 mph. We didn't need top speeds of 150-200 then either, but they were available. It was a hell of a lot of fun getting to 75 mph back then though. Of course, nobody EVER went over 75mph in 1969... ;) Dude, did you ever hear of that recent phenomenon called a Drag Strip? It's a controlled environment where folks with a speed fetish have fun going insanely fast and spanking Asian car and Chevy owners. (It's kind of a B&D fetish club on wheels). :)

OOPS ! I totally forgot about the drag strip. It has been a long time since I craved speed & power.