Ford GT

Ford stands for 'Factory Ordered Road Disaster' funnily enough it is true, Fords are crap.

Reply to
The One

My '97 Ford Contour has about 125,000 miles and has had only spark plugs, oil and filter, brakes, two wheel bearings and one axle replaced. And it runs perfectly smooth. A piece of crap? I think not.

BTW, Ford stands for "found on the road dead" or "Fix or repair daily." Get it right.

Reply to
Jeff

My '90 Toyota MR2 is in prestine condition, has done 145,000 miles and has only ever had spark plugs, oil and filter, brakes, the wheel bearings and axles are all fine. A friend of mine has a Landcruiser which has done over

300,000 and has has nothing done other than consumables, they are bomb proof.

I have also owned two Fords both have been a poor ride, poor build quality and sounded like a tray of smashed crockery after 60,000 miles, never again.

Reply to
The One

You mean like the rusted out mesquito fogging Lnadcrusier that one of my neighbors owns? If that is "bomb proof" then my old F150 must be nuclear weapon proof. Or then there is the Camry that parks across the lot from me. Leaves a cloud of smoke as it rattles out of the parking lot every mornig.Or then there is the Cressida me and my ex owned. By 60,000 miles the paint was falling off, the trim was faded, the interior plastic was warping, the transmission was acting up, the A/C had failed, three alternators had failed, the starter had failed, and it road and drove like crap. Oh yeah - quality all the way.And expensive crap too. Oh what a feeling. Moving Forward.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I still dont get your point.. you dont have fords, anymore, so what's your problem?

You should be happy you wised up and are rid of them. Or is it that you feel betrayed in some way?

Get over it, or get therapy ... meantime piss off!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

We are ever so happy for you and your automotive buying decision. However... you have yet to make a point... other than the British car industry is in a shambles. - BMC and Lucas made sure of that.... Ford Owns Jaguar and Land Rover (the 300,000 mile bomb proof Land Rover, remember?)....

Your automotive requirements are much different from mine and this will influence your buying decision... For me, Ford trucks have been "the answer" for nearly 30 years... From my 73 to my 85 to my 93 and on to my current

2002 SuperCrew. I live in a harsh corner of our planet... You can't understand -40C because you haven't felt it... how often to you set upon a 1000 mile journey at what amounts to a moments notice... Both are part and parcel of my life.... and my Ford trucks have never let me down.

Feel free to your opinions... but, at this point in time, you sound more like a parrot than a motorist - .... Mikey, sitting on a stick in the corner of the room... "AUKK... Fords are crap....AUKK..... Fords are crap...".

If we give you a cracker, will you shut the f*ck up?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Moving forward and getting ford, lol. No this is a 93 Landcruiser the same model as the one is austraia which has done over 1,000,000 miles on the same engine, incidently has only has new consumables and piston rings. Fords are shit get over it.

Reply to
The One

Perhaps Mikey has given up his campaign to give Malcolm Glazer heat for buying Manchester United and is looking for something equally unrewarding to carp on?

I think it's worth noting that I have the same low opinion of VW/Audi, Renault and Peugeot but I dont sit on their groups carping.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

My 98 year old grandmother has 1 of those.

she loves it too

Reply to
johanb

Reply to
tom

Not all Toyotas have been problem free, either.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff