Good one.....

I had a car for sale in front of my house, it was cheap, $700.00. A guy came bye and started asking questions about the car. I told him, hey its a 87 Grand
Fury, a winter car... Cheap money.. He calls me the next day and tells me that he has a freind that needs a car, he will come by around two in the afternoon with him.. I say sure... He comes over and the woman he is with takes the car for a ride.. They come back and she says she will buy the car.. They come back and she gives me $700.00. On the way out the guy tells me, ok I want $200 for a commision... I tell him What commision??? He tells me that he brokered the deal and thats what he gets.. I tell him that I will ask the woman he is with if thats what she understood, he says come on man give me something... I say ok, here is $50.00......... He never metioned anything about giving him something.....
I will never put a car in front of the house again....
Jake
The Woman that bought your car should have given him something for finding her the car.

M Hayes529 wrote:

A freelance broker! Wow, what a bold ass!
--
JaKe, Seattle
"The main thing that we do is to rock your socks off."

I would have gave him something. 10 seconds to get off my property. If he expected a commission he should have asked up front. I let people like that deal with my dog...
Al
M Hayes529 wrote:

I'd give him something... a boot in the ass.

Why? If you got screwed out of $50 it's you're own fault for being spineless. You should have shown him the way out. You owed him nothing. If he wants a commission tell him to collect it from that woman. Sheesh....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
M Hayes529 opined in

When I sell a car, I list it for bottom dollar price. Way long time ago i got tired of my 5 yo 76 Grenada and put it in the paper for about 800... about 300 below others in the paper. And specified FIRM
First day I got two calls... a twenty year old and a woman.
The kid got there first.. looked at the car and asked what was wrong with it, I told him it needed an alignment., he says "how much cash, right now?"
"800"
"no, seriously. I'll buy it right now"
"That's the idea... 800"
He went away, muttering about me not dealing...
Woman shows up with male friend, he driving a Beemer.
He asks whats wrong, I tell him... she drives it, he looks over, in and under it. She hands me 8 hundreds, I sign over the title down at the bank.. time elapsed 45 minutes.
Kid comes back 1/2 hour later, asks where the car is.
"Sold it"
"oh...uh... how much?
"800"
"well ......."
OTOH, When we sold our first house, I insisted on 41,000 which was 2000 more than the realtor wanted to list it for. She protested that was higher than the house down the street sold for and it was a bi-level, mine a ranch.
Exactly!
It sold at asking to the first looker...before the sign went up. The second prospect also offered to buy at asking. I was so upset at the realtor, I told her to make them pay the points...
"You cant do that"
"Find a way"
she did
I'd would have told him to fuck off. there, done deal.
--
Steve
=========