help!! capri diffential

I'll start this by saying I screwed up royally. My brother in law has a 1983 capri with a leaking axle seal and asked me for help. I had previously done my own seals in my fords, but they were removable
carrier types his is integral carrier. My problem is that I drove the differential pin into the rear end the wrong way and now the pin is stuck in side and cannot rotate the rear end to drive the pin in. I used some 1/16 aircraft cable and put it hrough the hole and tightened while tapping the differtial with a ballpean hammer think it went in a little before the cable snapped. I might try 1/8 cable as any bigger I don't think I can thread it through the rear end. Any ideas out there? Can A machine shop do it or am I totally screwed? HELP!!