HID lights or similar

Hiya again! I have a another tech question.
Has anybody put those nice bright HID lights or similar on an older vehicle? If so how hard is it to do?
The lights on my 1978 Ford Fairmont realllly suck. Would it be cheaper to just get external ones? I dont mind drilling or making brackets. Thanks!
Shawn 1978 Ford Fairmont, I-6 200.
look on ebay. i believe the companys mane is prostreet lighting. they carry a full line of zenon lights for all kinds of older cars

SHAWN wrote:

Sylvania makes actual street-legal HID lighting for your vehicle. The stuff on eBay is from "sharpies" trying to make a quick buck; illegal for highway lighting, and possibly dangerous, due to the high voltages involved.
the lights from prostreet lighting uses 12 volts, not "high voltage" , and are D.O.T. legal

Also not true HID, which is what the author of the original thread was researching. I don't understand why people want to use the blue-tinted bulbs; less available light, non-compliant light patterns, run hotter, burn out faster than stock clear bulbs, and annoy (possibly endanger) oncoming drivers. AND, they don't even LOOK like true HID, which (I suppose) was the original idea. If those bulbs have DOT stamped on them and are not (quite likely) DOT-compliant, the seller can be liable for an up to $10K fine for each occurrence of said sales. I have reported the mentioned Site you named to NHTSA for investigation of its merchandise.
tom wrote:

Hella sell XID lamps, and as far as I could see, you could convert your existing lights to XID!
Google HELLA!