high speed shut down

I own a 1994 ford thunderbird, with 4.6 two cam,that shuts down at 110 mph, how can i eliminate the shut down ?

Are you saying the rpm limiter kicks in at 110mph ? You would have to reprogram the chip to get around that.
Bill

were it shuts down.I was told from a employe were I bought the chip. the reason for the limiter was the tire rating for those years.But if its true about the tranny blowing up at that speed. any Ideas on a tranny that would work? I would rather have a standard.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says... |I own a 1994 ford thunderbird, with 4.6 two cam,that shuts down at 110 |mph, how can i eliminate the shut down ? | |
The solution is to purchase an after market programming chip for the cars computer,
however according to the tech items on http://www.tccoa.com the drive train and suspension of the LX models is not designed to handle higher speeds or HP... the factory torque convertor cannot handle more than 5,000 rpm before it implodes, and the drive shaft is not balanced or strong enough for higher output... and it cascades on and on. So you will need at least beefier tranny, driveshaft , and half shafts along with welding in body stiffening sun frames.
Possible choices for beefier MN12 T-Birds.. Find a Sport model Find a Super coupe Find a Lincoln Mark 8 or maybe XR7
Disconnect the speedo? You have to fool the PCM or otherwise alter the pre-programmed limiter. BTW the 110 limit was set to match the speed rating for the factory tires.
--
Richard

< snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

You can get a new chip for the computer. But, as the others hear have said, that is stupid, because the car is not designed to go safely over 110 mph.
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

It's got to be safer than a '68 Belvedere...
Rob

i don't buy that car coming apart,if any of these ideas work i will let you know,Hell life begins at 150mph
Or in a cell with a big smelly guy that develops a crush on your little pansy ass....

;-)

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

And it ends in a tree while part of the car is still go about 135 mph.
Jeff
the easiest way it to not go over 110 mph.