Identify this car with hood scoops?

Does anyone know what kind of car this is with those hood scoops?
http://tinyurl.com/3es47
Rob * * *

Its a rare car usually known as "rust bucket" srry couldnt resist. :)

It's a Chrysler or Plymouth, maybe a Barracuda or perhaps a Challenger R/T
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Looks like the front fenders are modified to the profile of the AMX hood.
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 03:53:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

scoops, is unique to the 1970 Coronet R/T and Super Bee. (split grille) Front fenders and rear quarters also seem to match. Rear quarters could also be '69 Coronet. (if the :gills" are double scallops. The hood scoops are NOT standard Super Bee They are strangely remeniscent of a 71 Buick GS Stage 1. Actually - I just found a picture of a 1970 Coronet R/T convert with that hood - so I'd make it a '70 Coronet RT (440 or Hemi were the only engine offered in this guise) with the rear fender scoops missing.
On 17-Apr-2004, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

-- It looks like a late 60's early 70's Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler, but the hood scoops don't look like factory.
Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.
says...

Looks like the one in the back of this picture.
http://www.davediana.free-online.co.uk/85a.jpg
It's a Dodge, whatever it is. The rear fenders look like a Charger. Might try one of their groups, but I believe that hood was offered on a few Challenger convertibles, and didn't come with that car. Normally, the Challenger had scoops like the car in the foreground. I'm really just guessing. I was into Mustang's and Chevelle's back in the day.
John Alt wrote:

I think it's a Dodge Coronet... maybe 1970 or so.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
I think it is a Dodge Coronet. Check out the various years at: http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/dodge-coronet/dodge-coronet-history - 2.shtml

It's appears to be either a 1968 or 1969 Dodge Coronet

1970 Dodge Coronet or Superbee. MOPAR B-body. The hood is from a Superbee. Who knows if it came on this car originally.
JT
it appears to be a 1970 (not 68 or 69)
suggest you try to get the vin off it... if not take a look around / inside it .. there should be some sign of what it is...
kenny

It's a Mopar B body, which was shared between Dodge and Plymouth. It could have been a Road Runner, a Coronet, a Satellite, or several other models, depending on what bumpers, hood, and tailend were installed.
This was truly a generic automobile and typical of Mopar in the day, when there was no difference at all between Dodges and Plymouths except cosmetics.
This car could have had any engine from a slant six to a 440 6 pack under the hood.