Side scoops discoloring

03 Cobra in Oxford White side scoops are turning yellow. Seems to be bleeding up from beneath the color coat and covers the whole scoop (on both scoops). Paint appears fine everywhere else. Is anyone else having this problem? Thinking about repainting but will that fix it?
Reply to
Rick Olive

Rick,

I would check out/look for any TSBs (technical service bulletins). Repainting should fix it if the material/scoop is prepped correctly -- something, obviously, the factory didn't do.

Me... I always wondered what those cars would look like without the scoops. I'd probably take them off and wouldn't put them back on.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Yeah, they're certainly non-functional and have kind of a ricey 'glued-on body kit'look. Definitely the only design cue I don't care for on the Cobra. Dunno. Maybe I will yank 'em. I'll post pics if it happens :->

Reply to
Rick Olive

If you are so inclined, be advised that the area beneath _isn't_ pretty. :)

I replaced the 1/4 scoops on both my '00 GT and the '03 Cobra with the "Bullit" version. A much cleaner look, IMO. Replacement is a simple task, once the scoops are painted.

Reply to
John C.