Functional GT Scoops?

Does anyone know of any mods that make the scoops on a GT functional?

I like the look of the scoops on my 03, but I hate that they're just eye candy. They'd look way better (to me at least) if they actually did something.

I love the shaker on the Mach1. I'm suprized that I haven't seen some CAI mod to make the scoop functional.

Same with the rear brake scoops - I don't know why Ford stopped making this useful. $$$ I guess.

Kenny - 03 GT

Kenny

jimmy nguyen

I made the ones on my 98 functional, don't think the hardware would align on the newer models though. I used vents from a 95 model. It was a real job, since mine is a drop top, even that much more. You have to tear apart the whole rear interior and cut holes in your wheel wells, then snake your arm in to cut it up good and proper. I am really lucky, my ex and I are buddies, I did the "step and fetch it" and he did the body work. Man... I gotta get him to move out here to Tennessee!

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal touch, or two.
SVTKate

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Thanks Michael. Have you installed one of these?

Reply to
Kenny

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Any chance he'd move up to the great white north for a little winter project?

brrrrrrrr.....

Reply to
Kenny

Not to be a butthead Kate, but what did you gain from that PITA job?

Reply to
Keith

I'm wondering though; If you did remove the plastic plate in front, cut a hole in the hood and routed the air to the intake, are you sure the scoop on the Mustang is strong enough to take the wind pressure when it's open?

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

95 ? I thought my 95GT had them closed as well. You would the cover on the inside of the wheel well, but there were no openings. Always doubted if it would work anyways since the openings (if they would be open) point directly against the tire...

Rein

at 29 Jan 2004, Rein [ snipped-for-privacy@NO-SPAMyahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

They are open on my 95 Coupe. If I spray water into the side scoop it comes out the slits in the cover inside the wheel well. I'm assuming at freeway speeds enough air is forced in to circulate behind teh wheel to cool the braking assembly. Haven't found a way to test that tho...

Reply to
Paul

I can't say that it would be stron enough for sure, but it sure seems to hold water quite well after a visit to the car wash :)

Reply to
Kenny

Keith, I gained the satisfaction that they are functional, not fake. I have a problem with things that look like they will do something but don't.

That, and it makes my car just a wee bit different than the rest I suppose.

he he he... butthead!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate