IRS should cancel tax credits on gas guzzler "hybrids"

Page 4 of 4
wrote:

Apparently they can get the message though. The new SUVs being pushed overseas and by US manufacturers are downsized because they know the general public isn't going to flock to buy when the price of gas is soaring.

As were the first personal computers, first "cell" phones, etc. As the public accepts and buys, eventually the price will come down.... at which point the manufacturers begin adding all manner of accessories to bloat the price back up.....
Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

I won't be able to argue with FanJet anymore. The fix is obviously in.
--
---
Nomen Nescio wrote:

We do this all the time with other things, to get the public to start using new technologies.
Let me guess - the last refirgerator or water heater you bought you decided to NOT get the rebate from the energy company?
Lol.