maaco rocks

My 86 Crown Vic needed paint. I had her done at Maaco, two tone with pin stripes, plus rust sanding for $750...They did an excellent job, I highly recommend.

I always heard Maaco sucks, but my friend had an MR2 painted for $400 and it actually came out really good. It probably depends on the shop and the individual doing the job. I'd still be warry of some of them though.
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 01:43:31 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I had a 300-400$ paint job done on a Caprice once... It looked good after it came out but they didn't prep it before hand and the paint lost its shine after a year. Still much better than having the old paint on it

AV wrote:

I had two Maaco Imron paint jobs done. The first looked fantastic until the car got wrecked a few years later. They did the repairs and did another Imron paint job; this one lost its shine rapidly over the next year.
You pays your money and you takes your chances.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.BARF
Maaco can do a good paint job, but you need to do the prep work yourself. Remove all trim, bumpers, bezels, etc... from the vehicle that you don't want painted. This will ensure maximum paint coverage and no 'seams' in the paint to peel and chip from later on. Make sure to wash the car and doing any sanding, etc. before taking it in. So basically do your own prep work and they will spray a decent coat of paint on the car. Cheap shops like Maaco typically do little if any prep work and don't do the greatest taping. Nonetheless, it's make a car look fresh again for at least a few years and keep it from rusting.