My wonderful 1987 Ford Taurus (sarcasm intentional)

Well, after asking Jeeves how to flush my coolant system, I arrived here. My question is this: this is not the first car I have done routine maintenance on, but on every other car, I could find the engine block drain
plug. All I could find on this %*^&ing thing was the radiator drain cock. If I am blind let me know it, but even the Haynes manual doesn't show where it is! I am starting to go bonkers looking for it. Besides, I need to put in a new water pump.
Haynes manuals are so horribly inaccurate it's scarry. The problem is that they try to cover too many generations of vehicles in one book. Often it'll take you less time if you try to figure it out yourself.
CJB

cbyrd9 via CarKB.com wrote:

I just flushed my 97 without draining the engine. Got some help here and from instructions on flush kit. Apologies for changing the subject line but the sharpies here, (IME) respond to identified problems, not the mindset of the poster who may just be in the mood for a rant and need no assistance.
Why do you want to take that plug out of a car that's been in there for 18 YEARS !!!!!
Your asking for trouble, just leave it in there and stick a garden hose in the heater hose and flush it
Johan

drain
where
put