O/D Light Blinking

Hi All,
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L
Last night I was driving and thought I smelled something burning for a second or two then it went away. Thought it might be coming from outside
the vehicle. Now my O/D light is blinking constantly and the car is shifting a little funny. Not shifting bad, but definitely different... Any thoughts? I am going to get under the vehicle and check the wiring to the vehicle speed sensor today as well as check the wiring to look for anything noticeable. Haven't gotten the codes checked out yet, but will take by Autozone today to see if they can read the codes for me.
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:53:01 -0800, "Andy"

The O.D light blinking indicates the PCM has recorded a hard failure in the transmission. If it is shifting or operating differently, you should limit operation as much as possible to prevent further damage to the trans. The PCM will usually put the trans in a limp mode if it detects a failure. These are not always indicative of a catastrophic failure but just protect whatever is left of the trans.
Lugnut