possible electrical problem?

having a problem wit my 99 crown vic, when i start it, the shifter gets stuck and i cant move it, so i have to turn the car off, put it into the on position, put it in neutral, the start and shift. also this is causing my brake lights to not work. i was wondering if this is an electrical problem, possibly if a fuse it out or something? and if it is how many amps the fuse it? thanks

Reply to
reetrulez

It could be a fuse but also check the brake switch on the pedal shaft for a bad connection.(or bad switch)

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

Ditto. I had the same problem in a 2000 Taurus and it was the connector to the brake switch which had taken a powder.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Reply to
<fitz773