Problem with cobra engine.

Hello, I have a problem and hope somebody might help. Recently while I was driving my 99' Mustang Cobra, the engine died on me. I was giving it gas as i normally do, nothing too aggressive and suddenly I could feel
the was not reving and the needle slowly kept on falling eventually to a complete halt. After a couple of time trying to start it again, the engine completely died. I took it to my mechanic and he told me the crank is jammed and the engine is very well history. I then took it to a Ford dealer and they told me the same. But unless they engine is opened, nobody is sure. Lack of experience on American cars is obvious here in Denmark, so I wanted to ask you guys what you think. If indeed the engine is seized and needs a rebuild then my options are to buy a new engine instead, as i have my eyes on a 04' cobra engine and was told it will fit 99 mustang without problems.
Another question is that if it is possible to use my 99' cobra engine in a 65-70' model mustang. Actually if I buy the 04' cobra engine, then
my brother and I would try to fix the 99 engine and use it probably in a project car 65-70' Mustang.
My apologies for the long post and appreciate any help. Thank you
Spincarez

How many miles are on it ? Have you changed oil on time ? These engines should last quite a while, at lest 100K miles (160K km), and if treated well it could easily do 200K miles. It's also not a good idea to beat the crap out of the engine when it's not at operating temps yet (meaning, drive it for 10 miles first calmly)
Thank you for your post. The engine has less than 90k miles on it and is well taken care of. I recently put a performance throttle body by BBk on it. Could that cause the problem?