Puma Immobiliser

I have a 1.7 Puma, which intermittently refuses to recognise the ignition keys (the immobiliser light blinks very fast on putting either of the two keys in the ignition). After a period of time the fault
clears and the car behaves as normal (with the same keys). I have had it tested in a Ford dealer using their diagnostic equipment, and they find nothing wrong. The say they can't immobilise the immobiliser!
Anyone else had this problem?