Ford Puma

After an afternoon of looking at cars and finance my girlfriend has decided to buy a Puma in a few months time. Hopefully we can pick up a 1.7 with

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Seems a lot of money for a tarted up Fiesta.

Reply to
SteveH

It also seems like i couldnt give a toss what you think!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

"SteveH" wrote

Sheesh what is it with you? Not getting any at the moment? Step...away...from...the...keyboard.

And you and I never pay over the odds to run tarted up Fiat Tempras now do we?

BTW Ford Pumas are good cars. When you look at what you get over what was already a good effort of a car (MK IV Fiesta) they're a bit of a bargain now.

Reply to
fishman

[...]

Anyone that lets a cambelt go about 40k past the time it was due for a change is a complete and utter numpty.

No, most cars don't rust. Certainly not in this day and age. A lot of cars are galvanised, and don't suffer from any serious rust at all, and the only places where they do rust is where paintwork's been disturbed, or bodywork's been badly repaired.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Very true, but it's been known, especially on a car that people love to 'run into the ground'.

Which is why I have no problems with my Escort.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-man

The cambelt change interval on the Zetec-E is 100k...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

That's the thing, a majority of drivers wouldn't know a good car from a bad one. Ford are / were the masters of marketing in this respect. Even the MkIV Escort, which was a total abomination of a car was a best seller, ffs!

Reply to
SteveH

TBH, I've took the lowest quoted figure to be safe. Although, it's vastly varied as Google will tell you 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100.

Strange.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-man

Um, it's based on a Fiesta, yeah.

Drive one, then comment on it.

You'd enjoy it.

I'd have one

Reply to
Pete M

*lights touch paper*

My mate has a 2000 V reg Escort 1.6 16v, the sportyish model, with A/C and those triangle alloys, and its rusty :) And i've heard of Ka's failing the MOT on rust...

And, FWIW, which is not much, Peugeot's are better than both Ford's and Alfa's anyway, and my 206 1.6 16v is loads faster than my mates Escort 1.6

16v :) AND my 12 year old 405, which my mate now owns, has not a sign of rust ANYWHERE on it, even after 2 s**te repairs and 1 billion car park knocks and scrapes!

*runs off giggling*

Reply to
DanTXD

It was a comment like this that flared up this thread so much, and without wanting to appear twisted, and pushing for an argument, but what happened to all the previous points, or have they been 'dealt with'?

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-man

I know, they're s**te. I'm gunna sell mine now.

Ta, .

Reply to
G-man